Abrupt Ending to a Decade-Long Friendship?

My client, in her thirties, of British nationality, came for a Past Life Regression therapy session to understand about the abrupt ending of her 10 year-long friendship with someone whom she regarded as her best friend, leaving her perplexed and seeking clarity through the session. She regressed to a time in ancient Greece and through the regression, she understood the origins of this issue. 

Image: Pexels

Below is her PLR experience:

Client: "I’m in an ancient city, made from stone. It is white / cream in colour. It’s busy. There are people everywhere. They are working. They wear peasant clothes; loose materials, rags. Some people are transporting goods, some are messing around with their friends. Their skin colour are like people of Greek, Egyptian or Mediterranean origin."

"I’m a man. Very strong, tall and tanned. I’m wearing sandals. I’m carrying a log over my shoulder. It’s a very simple life – old and ancient."

Me: "Go to the place where you live"

Client: "I live in a 2-storey house made of white clay, with a balcony. It’s terraced. There are other houses next to it. Inside the house, there are mats on the floor. There is a stove fireplace. It is used to heat some tea. The first storey is a kitchen and living room. The second storey is a bedroom."

Me: "What country are you in?"

Client: "I’m in Greece."

Me: "Do you live alone or with anyone?"

Client: "I have a mum and a brother. I’m somewhere in my late twenties to early thirties. We are eating chopped tomato and cucumber, with bread, olive oil and cheese."

"I have a good relationship with my younger brother. We get on well. He admires me and looks up to me. We do many things together."

I moved client forward to the next scene:

Client: "My brother is in distress and needs my help. He’s panicking. I can’t understand him. He’s speaking in another language."

I guided the client to understand what the brother, in his mid-twenties, was saying. During the past life regression session, if the client isn’t able to understand what a person is saying in the past life scene, due to a different language, I will guide them to understand the dialogue or communication taking place.  

Client: "He is saying, “You have to come and help! There’s a collapse!” He’s in panic."

"His friends were in some sort of cave, the roof caved in and they were trapped in the rubble. There’s nothing I can do. I feel like I can’t help him."

"I’m trying to tell my brother that there’s nothing we could do. The stones are too heavy to lift. I told him that they shouldn’t have been in there in the first place. My brother was just outside when it happened."

Photo credit: istockphoto.com

"After that incident, my brother resented me. He changed. A part of him died that day. He really resented me and sort of blamed me in many ways. He felt judged by me as I had warned him against going there. He was tired of me being right. He felt that we should have tried but we didn’t even try."

"I tried to tell him that it was futile. There was nothing that could be done. We had gone to the cave but found that the entrance to the cave was totally blocked. He was in a lot of guilt. If things had somehow been different, his friends could have been saved. But the stones were too heavy, none of us could lift it. I don’t know if they were doing something with dynamite that caused it to rupture, but they were doing something they shouldn’t.”

I moved client forward to the end of life. 

Client: "I had regrets about how I reacted towards my brother, I wish I hadn’t made him feel small, in that he was somehow lesser. I could have been more tactful in how I approached him and cared for him. It was never the same after that, ‘cos it really affected his life. He struggled to let go of what happened and blamed me in many ways. I wish I had helped or had tried to move the rocks for his sake, that I tried to help when he needed me."

 
I facilitated a healing and forgiveness session to help the client to heal and let go.  After the session, I asked the client to reflect if there were parallels in this current life and the past life. She replied affirmatively, recognizing a pattern in her behavior towards her friend. She realised that she had previously reacted similarly towards her friend, being highly critical and judgemental of her friend’s actions.

She had unconsciously carried forward the same behavioural traits to this life, treating her friend in the same manner as she had treated the younger brother in the past life. Therefore, her friend's reactions were unsurprising, given the dynamics at play. She is uncertain if their friendship would improve, but she expressed a sense of relief as she had a deeper understanding of where this issue originated from.