Lifetime in Angkor Wat

I’m in Angkor Wat. I’m barefooted. But my feet are very clean. I have a very thick round gold anklet. I’m female, very slim in white dress. It’s like a saree but tied differently. I’m below 20 years old. I’m walking in the corridors. There are people behind me with an umbrella. It’s hot outside but we are walking in the corridors. The pillars are nice.  the flooring is mud. It’s moist mud, but very clean. And my feet are very clean. There are a few people with me. I’m a princess. Angsa is my name. Pronounced as “Angasak”.

A fat lady comes after me. She’s the lady who brings me up. I run away. I’m very tall, really thin. I’m going down the stairs now. It’s made of wet mud. It’s four in the evening. There’s an oil lamp. There’s a priest waiting. The priest has a lot of hair.There are so many people. They want to pray to me.

The umbrella man is waiting near the stairs. It’s just 9 steps. I’m standing outside, from there it’s all open ground. The priest is there and 4 girls are standing at the 4 corners. They actually want to pray to me. He has lit up the lamp. He’s ringing the bell. The priest looks like a malayalee priest. There’s a small boy next to him. He’s also holding a bell. And he also has a small tail at his hair. Very cute fellow.

There’s this guy outside, who has a pouch, that looks like cloth but it’s not cloth. It’s brownish red cos it’s used everyday. There are coins inside. This pouch is used every day, so its dirty. The man has a long wooden stick. He’s old. He’s dirty. He has a pouch full of gold. I throw the bag of gold coins at the people. Now, I’m taking the coins, they are all gold. I throw a big pile of coins everyday to the people. It’s my gift to them. I can’t give them one by one. So, I just throw a lot of coins. Everyday. That’s why they wait for me everyday. The coin is pure. You can actually use it in your food. These people don’t have food to eat, so they need to coin to buy food to eat. For me, they put the gold coin in my mouth. They boil the milk (with the gold coin in it), so that I drink the gold in the milk.

The priest is a Malayalee. He’s got coloured eyes, greenish-yellow. He’s tall, he’s fair, he’s nice. He’s big size. He has got a lot of hair. He ties it neatly and put it into a big bun. He has pink lips. Now everybody has left. The guard has gone, because I have given away the gold. He’ll come tomorrow again. The priest goes away with the little boy. The 4 girls come next to me. The umbrella man stands next to me and we start walking back.

My father is the king. There are so many people there – many kings. I cannot giggle. The fat lady who brought me up, she’s calling me again. She’s saying I’m very naughty. They want to marry me off. There are so many kings. There’s this young guy, wearing red. With a feather. My father wants me to get married to him. He’s a nice guy. The king is my current life father. The guy in red is my current life brother. I want to marry him. The priest is my current life husband. The lady who brought me up, I call her “Daimah”. Daimah says that I must stop wearing white. Now that I’m going to get married, I must start wearing colour. She brought me burnt rose pink clothes.

I like the prince in red. He’s a nice guy. The spark is with the priest, but he’s already married. He’s a good man. We will all be together, the priest, the princess, the daimah, the prince, my father, all of us will be together  for a very long time in that life. Till we die, we will be together. We don’t go for wars. We have to take care of our people.

I see myself in old age. The prince, who’s the king now, he has also aged. I’ve got more wrinkles than him. We are very happy because the people are happy. I am very happy. The priest is our advisor. We respect him a lot. He has helped us to do the right thing. The small fellow has grown. He is not a priest, but part of the kingdom’s administration. He has long hair but he tucks it in. He wears a cloth turban. A red one. But he’s not a priest, although his father is. They are very happy. I had a very satisfying life. It is very sad scene. The priest and his son are there. My husband is with me. We didn’t have children.

But the people in the kingdom are so sad. Their shop is open but nobody wants to serve. Nobody wants to buy. I’m in the palace. It’s a small section they use when people are not feeling well. It’s wooden with very nice engraving.

We all know we are going to meet again. So although we are sad, it’s like, “Ok, let’s meet again”. The priest’s son, very tall, wants to say something, but nothing coming out. My husband and the priest, they both know that it’s time for me to go. I know that it’s time for me to go, but the priest’s son is holding me back. He’s young. He doesn’t understand that we’ll all going to come back again. But my husband, the priest and I know  that we are going to come back. The priest’s son is not letting me go. He is not demonstrating it, but now he has to let me go. He’s not every holding or touching me but he’s just standing there. He doesn’t want me to go.

It’s just old age. I can still think very sanely. I can still make decisions. The king listens to me. It’s all for the welfare of the people. The people are our children. But it’s just old age.You know, sometimes you’re not in optimum health, but you’re not sick either. It’s a nice way of going. I should go. Thank you. Thank you for everything, to my husband and to the priest. I respect them a lot. They’re good people. The little boy is very sad, but he’s a very good boy. A very responsible boy. You don’t have to tell him twice. He knows what is right and will do it.

I have that metal thing on the head. That round ball thing, above my head. I’m still lingering. It’s just above, 2 inches, 3 inches. It’s a chain with a ball. I need to push it in order to come out (of the body) The thing comes off and I am coming out  (of the body). It’s very narrow.

I can see them. The prince and the priest, they are very settled, because they know that we are going to come back together. Even the priest’s son will come back and we’ll all be together. So it’s over and I am out. There’s a pillar and there’s something like windows here. I am coming out of there. I come out of the arches. I can see the arches there. I can see the people there. They are all howling and crying.


She jumped to Another lifetime in India