Lessons from a past lifetime in Greece

Client went back to Greece during her first past life regression session. Below is her experience:

"It looks like an island with many, many little islands. I’m sitting on top of a hill on one big island, overlooking the sea. There are many small islands across from me, right into the sea. It is a very sunny and breezy day. It’s really green. Way behind me, there are some vegetation. It’s like a village scene."
"Initially I was feeling like a boy. Now, I’m seeing myself as a man. I look like the islanders. I’ve got curly black hair. I’m fair. I look a bit Greek. I’m in my late twenties. I’m in a white t-shirt and a mustard coloured pants with leathery shoes. I look a bit scruffy."

"I’m docking a boat. I’m coming ashore and sorting out the nets from the boat. There is nothing in the nets. There are very small boats nearby. I’m not like a trader or fisherman who catches and sell. It’s almost like a daily part of life for me to go out to sea, find my own catch and live by that means. I didn’t catch anything today." 

Next scene:
"I’m in the marketplace in the village. Village people are haggling, talking. The market has small stalls and stalls selling flowers. I’m at a stall where there’s a woman, in her fifties, selling veggies. I’m there talking to her, not buying. She seems to be like a mother figure. It feels as if I’m related to her. I’m trying to explain that I didn’t get any catch. She is just going about her business and chopping up some vegetables. I left and went on my way."

"The houses in the village are wooden, but in the town, some houses are made of big huge stones. I’m walking up this cobblestone lane where there are houses on both sides but I don’t live there."

"I live in a small wooden house nearer to the sea. It’s a small place. It’s got a nice armchair near the fireplace. The walls are wooden walls painted blue. There is a small kitchen to the right of the entrance. There are wooden ladles and spoons and metal pots and pans. There is a jar of milk on the table. There is an old fridge, with nothing much inside, only a jar of juice."

"I live alone. There’s just one other room from the hall area and it’s my bedroom. This bedroom has a really big bed which looks like a four poster bed. The wall is dark green. The linen is all dark green and brown. I’m looking inside the closet. It’s pretty sparse. I have a pair of good leather shoes in black sitting on the shelf. Other things are folded and they look like white and cream coloured shirts. There’s another cupboard which stores just blankets, linen and hats."

Next scene:
"I see a girl. She seems to be in her mid to late twenties. Her hair is coppery straight. She’s by the dock. She’s wearing a white dress with a belt tied to her waist. She doesn’t look European. She’s looks like a Greek Islander. She looks at me and the expression on her face is not really happy. She looks at me in a knowing way, as if I owed to do something for her. However, she did not say a word. She’s just giving me this look, like expecting something. I feel like I owe her something. She wanted me to be with her. It’s like as if saying, “I miss you. You should have come. You should have been here.” It’s as if she’s been there expecting me. I feel that I’ve let her down."

"I feel love for this girl and I want to be with her. But it feels like she wants much more than what I can give her. It looks like as if she wants to be with me and she loves me, but I would have to come up to her expectations and to live up to her expectations. We are in a relationship, but it feels like I have to work really hard to actually be the man that she wants me to be. It seems like I have to be a better person, a better provider."

Next scene:
"Surprisingly, I actually married her. She’s wearing a simple white dress with something like lace on her hair and a veil on her head. I’m wearing a hat and we were outside in the garden. It is right after the wedding. Many people are celebrating. It is a garden party. There’s a horse nearby. It looks like a happy occasion. We are talking to each other. It’s not like a romantic movie that you see on tv where the bride and groom are so in love. It feels festive. It’s like a celebration between families and friends."

"There is a white building behind us. It could be a community hall. We’re all just outside and having drinks and eating outside. Almost like an afternoon soiree where people are celebrating. There is music…. someone is playing a ukulele. I keep feeling that this place is Greece."

Next scene:
"I have longer hair. My hair is thicker and I even have a light beard. I’m probably in my early thirties. We're in a field. There’s lots of green. It’s just me walking with the dog. It's a lone house in the middle of the field. It's bigger than the house I used to live in. It's got a patio and an alcove. It's got a stairway coming up to it. It’s got a few windows outside."

"My wife is in the house. She's pouring tea for me. We don't talk much. I come in and read the newspaper. She goes off, whizzing her way in the house. It doesn’t seem like we communicate much. It’s a small, pretty house. Where I'm sitting, there's a small dining table. It’s all dark wood. As I go into the hall, it’s so much brighter. Everything is painted white, brown and beige. The chairs are brown and beige. She looks not so much older than she used to. Her hair is all done up in a bun. She wears an apron and she’s baking in the kitchen. We are a couple living together. We don’t have any children yet."

Next scene:
"I see my wife wearing all black. Everyone is wearing black. There is a vehicle, it looks like an old type of coach. It’s a dark in colour. She has her back to me. She’s wearing a black dress and a black hat. I'm wearing a black coat. We are all walking in one direction and there’s a casket that people are carrying right in front. It’s a funeral. Everyone is solemn. We're not crying. I think it’s the funeral of that woman that I met in the market. It doesn’t feel like she’s my mother but it felt like she took care of me. There is a child with us, a boy. He is my son. There’s a priest conducting the whole ceremony. Now are all walking away from there."

Next scene:
"I feel so much older. I’m sitting at the desk, with glasses on my face. My hair is grayish. I'm being called outside by my son. He is all grown up now and going away. I’m saying goodbye to him. He’s probably going away for a job. He’s off with all his friends. My wife is at another part of the house. She’s just doing her sewing by hand. Her hair is also grey. She’s got a big shawl all around her. It feels like it’s approaching winter."

End of life:
"I feel really really weak. I'm in bed. There’s a maid hovering near me with a bowl of water. It is difficult to breathe. My son is there. He came back. He came in and took a seat. I looked at him. I told my son to retrieve an heirloom. It looks like a gold bracelet, with an amethyst-looking stone on it. I asked him to take care of it. It feels really, really heavy."

"It feels like old age. I have no more energy in the body. Everything feels heavy. My wife is somewhere by the window. She looks old, but she doesn't seem to come near me either. There doesn't seem to be any sense of regret whatsoever. I’m just telling my son to take care of the family."

Reflection: 
"I don't have a family now, in that lifetime, I had a family, but I didn’t feel connected to my spouse. I was connected to my son in that lifetime."

Lessons learnt: 
"Life back then could have been lived more passionately. That was what that was missing. It was just very dull. It’s as if I go through life achieving what I needed to do. My socio-economic standing had improved throughout that life. I started as a fisherman and became a bit more established in the community and able to support the family. I had a comfortable family life, but was not very rich. Probably it’s typical of that time and that place. It doesn’t feel like I’ve had moments that are truly happy or worth remembering. It looks Iike I managed to live up to my wife’s expectations, but she doesn’t feel like a very warm person. We lived together but were not so connected or so in love. It’s not like were talking or having fun with each other. It's just a relationship of husband and wife, where we just fulfil expectations. The only relationship I feel is with my son. There’s a feeling of adoration, love, of wanting to nurture this person. With my wife, there’s this disconnect."

Transition to the spirit realm
"Everything feels fluorescent. There’s so much light. There seem to be beings, but they are in white shadows. I don’t feel like I have a body. It's just floating. I feel as if I’m just passing through liquid. It’s almost like there’s a feeling and knowingness that it’s safe and that its time to just relax. It feels really cold though. There’s just light and beings of light. I can almost see them in light form. They are not solid bodies…almost see through forms. It’s just light. They feel very, very welcoming. They look like those Olympian gods in all their cloth and finery. But it’s just light and see through. They are saying “walk that way”. We’re walking together on a lane that leads to somewhere. Even the path is sort of a light path. There’s a doorway that leads to space. I'm now seeing stars and galaxies. Like a void. It’s space. Dark space. It’s just vastness of the universe."